The project EPRAL aims to promote knowledge of global warming around the world. Six European schools from France (Guadalupe), Bulgaria, Italy, Spain and two schools from Poland will carry out some joint activities: competition for the best project mascot, choosing the logo among students and teachers, organizing informative campaigns, preparing calendars with student’s drawings showing causes and consequences of global warming, preparing five films: Session 1: Presentation of a definition of climate change and the specificities of these changes in each country. Session 2: Its impacts on the climate in each country. Session 3: Its impacts on the mountains and forests. Session 4: Its impacts on the sea. Session 5: Showing some preventive measures. The method of our working will be investigative approach that gives the opportunity for students to take a role of researcher conducting investigations.
- Encourage communication, active participation, intercultural knowledge among the students and the teachers involved in the project.
- Ensure the active participation of parents in the activities of the project.
- Help students to understand the concept “climate change” and “global warming”, identify the causes of those problems and link it with our everyday life.
- Motivate students and teachers to learn different European languages and become acquainted with various cultures.
- Encourage the use of new technologies in the classroom and programmes and applications for communicating with each other (Internet research, IMovie, Skype, WhatsApp)
- Motivate students through active learning – investigative approach (pupils learn how to solve problems by themselves).
- Develop various skills/abilities in students: creativity, imagination, critical thinking, solving problems, making decisions.
- Acquire knowledge on climate change by students, teachers and parents.